Designing a website can be a daunting task. There are so many elements to consider, from the layout and color scheme to the fonts and images you choose. But with a little thought and planning, you can create a website that is both effective and attractive. Here are three major elements of Atlanta web design that you should keep in mind.
- Ease of Navigation
One of the most important issues in web design is the ease of navigation or finding things. People should be able to quickly and easily navigate throughout your website, finding what they are looking for with minimal effort. Some ways to increase navigability include:
- Make your main menu large and visible
- Create a sitemap that shows where each page can be found
- Use visuals such as images and diagrams to illustrate your content
- Offer a search box for those who know what they are looking for but don’t know where it is located
The world is going mobile. More people are using their cell phones and tablets to do everything from sending emails to buying products online. That means your website must be viewable on any device, whether it’s a desktop machine or a smartphone.
Key things that will make your site mobile-friendly include:
- Use short and simple URLs
- Eliminate any codes and scripts that may cause problems on mobile devices
- Make sure your website displays well in both landscape and portrait orientations
- Test your site using a range of popular device sizes to make sure it is viewable on all of them.
- Faster Loading Speeds
The average web page takes eight seconds to load. That’s an eternity in the online world, where people rarely wait around for anything. If you want your website to be effective and helpful, it needs to load quickly and efficiently. One way to improve speed is minimizing the number of graphics and images you use. While they can be attractive, they also take a long time to load. If you must have graphics on your site, make them as small as possible.
If you want your website to be effective, it needs to have a good design. Keeping these three things in mind is a great way to do just that.